четверг, 10 ноября 2016 г.

Decision of engine for HTML5 promo game

After playing with Unity I do not understand why WebGL export too heavy.

I like to make some promo games (and test some concepts for full game) and place it on gamejolt, kongregate, itch.io e.t.c.

Looking to another game engines I found QICI and Defold. QICI is build on top of Phaser (Pixi) and has Unity workflow. But it developed by one person, and I have bad issues with AppGameKit (mostly bones animation).

This can be heartbreaking when you develop game and one of needed functions breaks and no way to solve it in apropriate time.

So, I look at Defold. Defold is pretty interesting engine, written by King. So bug fixes will be fast (maybe) and lua language is easy one for learning.

If it will work for me, I develop BoomTris.Lite in it and place it free on the web. Suggestions then make my main game better one.